Who is a probate lawyer?
A probate lawyer is a state licensed attorney who will be mentoring, continuing experience and legal education, advising personal representatives, the beneficiaries of an estate on how to settle the final affairs of a deceased person known as a “decedent”.
A probate lawyer manages the will or last testament of a deceased individual. Sometimes there are some depraved disputes would arise from the property disposition. Generally, a probate lawyer is otherwise called “a trust or an estate lawyer”. Too many people still wander to find out a right probate lawyer. At this time only the people sense an urgency to hire a probate lawyer to advocate on behalf of the decedent/beneficiary. This area of law simple and straightforward or it can be perplexed and convoluted. It merely depends on the degree of estate planning by the deceased while they were living. Probate is the process which occurs after an individual’s demise distributing assets and taking care of debts. This process happens irrespective of will. Our probate lawyers San Francisco from Barr & Young Attorneys have huge experience in their Practice area.
What does a Probate Lawyer do?
A probate attorney helps you to create a last will and testament so that your family members can have some security in the event of your demise. Probate also assist with trust planning, power of attorney and medical power of attorneys. They also aid a person with asset protection and filing and preparing of all documents required by a probate court.
Probate attorneys also deal with income tax issues, re-titling the decedent’s assets to the beneficiaries, requesting court permission for various required actions etc.,
A legal lawyer does not have to write a will or handle an estate. This work can be done on your own. However, it is not advisable because it may end up in a personal liability lawsuit. To handle will cases on regular basis there is a necessary to have a qualified and experienced lawyer.
An experienced lawyer only knows the needs to be done in order to probate an estate in a timely manner. Keeping a last will and testament will be an ultimate gift to your loved ones.
Probate lawyer advises and helps to a personal representative
The probate lawyer will advise and assist the personal representative of an estate as follows:
- Obtaining the death values and appraisals of the decedent’s asset
- Locating and securing both non-probate and probate assets
- Advising on the payment part of the decedent’s outstanding debts
- Keeping a record of the estate checking account
- Preparing and filing all documents required by the probate court in a timely manner
- Collecting life insurance profits
- Assisting in the sale of estate property
- If the estate is not being sold, re-titling the decedent’s real estate into the names of estate beneficiaries
- Checking and distributing the left out assets after the payment of taxes and bills to the beneficiaries
Where to find a Good Attorney?
- Personal recommendation of your friends and relatives is one of the best and trusted ways of finding a good attorney. When you discuss with your colleagues and friends you may get interesting information about probate lawyers. If you are unable to get a personal recommendation, you can Google like probate lawyer San Francisco which would list you with a list of lawyers hail from the indicated country/state/city.